Uses of Lavender Oil
Lavender oil has many uses, most of them being medicinal. Lavender oil can cool burns and stings. It also stimulates blood flow to the area is it applied to, which can aid in healing. Rubbing lavender oil on the forehead or temples can ease a headache and even a migraine in the early stages. Used as a massage oil, lavender oil can relieve muscle pains, arthritis, and tension headaches stemming from the shoulders and neck. A few drops in an aroma diffuser can calm and diminish anxiety. Lavender oil is even said to help relieve insomnia. A few drops in a child’s bath at night will promote sleep and relax them.
Lavender oil has other uses though. Used as a hair rinse or a perfume, it can be used as an insect repellent. Lavender oil (or the petals) can be used in cooking, particularly French cuisine.
- Sleep aid. Lavender oil has been known to aid in relaxation, improve sleep, and even treat insomnia. Specifically, your body requires a good night of rest to repair and restore itself, and one of the first places to show signs of sleeplessness is in a compromised skin tone that is flat, dull, and prone to blemishes.
- Treat anxiety. Since lavender oil has such a calming aroma, it can be used to treat headaches, depression, anxiety, and stress by easing restlessness and exhaustion. Untreated stress can greatly disrupt your immune system, leaving your body susceptible to illness and your skin vulnerable to acne bacteria.
- Improve circulation. Lavender oil works effectively to improve circulation, reduce high blood pressure, and even treat hypertension. Improved circulation will also ensure that nutrient-rich blood and oxygen quickly reach your skin to help it restore and strengthen to naturally resist acne.
- Aid in digestion. Lavender oil can be used to boost intestinal health, stimulate gastric juices, and treat indigestion, colic, stomach pain, vomiting, and diarrhea. Improved digestion also means that your body can efficiently flush out harmful toxins so that they are less likely to be purged by your skin in the form of acne.
- Skin care. Lavender oil provides great topical benefits to the skin due to its antifungal and antiseptic properties. For this reason, some natural health advocates also believe that a lavender oil acne remedy can fight acne bacteria on the skin to reduce surface inflammation caused by chronic acne outbreaks.
All essential oils are not made the same. For a very high quality and safe essential oils visit Younglivingsessentialoils