I was reading recently about the chemicals that are in normal nail polish that you buy in the store. According to the article” Adult nail polishes may can contain things such as formaldehyde and pthalates, which are toxic if they’re ingested. “It’s an issue if the child sucks on her fingers or eats the polish. Adults typically won’t do this,” says cosmetic chemist Joe Cincotta.  There is a nail polish made especially for children. Its called Piggy Paint.

according to the Piggy Paint website, It states:

Why is Piggy Paint Nail Polish the safe nail polish?

Non-toxic
Low Odor
Water-based formula
Hypoallergenic
Fun, vibrant colors
Dries to a hard, durable finish
Cruelty-free
Safe for use during Pregnancy!
Piggy Paint is specially formulated from God’s natural ingredients and dries to a hard, durable finish. There are no toxic chemicals; it’s free of formaldehyde, toluene, phthalates, Bisphenol A, ethyl acetate and acetone
.

I started buying piggy paint for my daughter and she loves it.  They have the nicest colors that I even used it and it lasted exceptionally long. It is now being sold at HoneyPieKids.com They are offering it at a great price and have a lot to choose from.  They also sell the non-acetone nail polish remover, top and base coat and nail decals.  They are having a special right now that if you spend over 99.00 on the site you will get a single polish for free.  It is also sold separate and in gift packs.  Take a look.  It makes a great birthday party favor or gift. They have colors for Halloween and Christmas, hanukkah, Valentines day also.  You won’t have to worry about it being safe.  It is completely safe. As they say “it’s natural as mud”

 

Here is a video showing the safety of the product compared to other polishes.  The styrophome plate she is holding has piggy paint on it and hello kitty nail polish, if you look close the Hello Kitty polish ate through the plate.  The piggy paint did not.

 

sources:

allure.com

honeypiekids.com