I was recently sent a weighted blanket by CMFRT to try out. I chose the 12 lb blanket. The rule of thumb is 10% of your body weight. I figured my kids could try it also. When I tell people about a weighted blanket they automatically think it’s going to be hot and you will sweat. Oddly enough it didn’t make me hot at all. There are many reasons why a weighted blanket is something that some people should use. According to their website weighted blankets help with everything below.
- Naturally increase levels of relaxation with Serotonin and Melatonin release
- Help reduce stress and anxiety levels by lowering Cortisol levels
- Minimize fidgeting, anxiousness and other ADHD effects
- Sleep longer and better with a “warm hug” feeling
- Reduce symptoms of other sensory and sleep disorders including Insomnia, Anxiety, Panic attacks, Autism, Restless leg syndrome and others.
*(Psychology Today) Link: https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/minding-the-body/201112/choosing-blanket-help-you-sleep
My son could never sleep well since he was little so I thought I would let him try it also. I used it the first night and loved it. I didn’t think I would like it so much because I didn’t really think I needed it until I tried it. I slept so hard and deep with it I was shocked. I have been telling everyone about it. After trying it I think most people need one. You won’t realize how beneficial it is till you try it. If you have a child that is restless at night I highly suggest you buy one. I let my son try it and now I am ordering another one because he liked it so much. I told my husband that I am going to buy one for everyone on my Christmas list next year. They come in different sizes and weights. Check out the entire product list on their website. They are also on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/cmfrtus/