Join The Safety Mom for a Twitter Party: Social Media and Your Child
Do you know what PRW* stands for? Chances are your child does. The information highway has become a place where children are harrassed, bullied and preyed upon. About one-third of online teens (ages 12-17) have been cyberbullied and chat rooms are being used by sexual predators to contact kids.
On September 15th at 8PM EST, The Safety Mom and TrueCare are hosting a twitter party that is a must for all parents that have children that socialize or surf online. Psychotherapist Mary Jorapini along with the Safety Mom will be sharing online safety tips and discussing the newest technology for keeping children safe online.
- When – September 21, 2011 from 9pm – 10pm EST
- Topic – Social Media and Your Child – What Every Parent Must Know!
- Hashtag – #TrueCare
- Prizes – Three random participants will receive a 6-month subscription to try out the TrueCare online monitoring system AND a $50 Amazon gift card.
This will also be a forum for to discuss and learn:
- The specific dangers associated with Social Network sites, Cyberbullying , Damaged Reputations and Online Predators
- How do you know if your child is old enough and ready to join Social Network sites?
- The best ways to protect children online
- What is the school’s role in protecting your kids on social network sites?
- “Spying vs. Privacy”…Is monitoring your children’s online activities violating their privacy?
- What tools does TrueCare offer to help me stay informed with what my kids are doing on Social Network sites?
- And, what you should be talking to your kids about