I was told that turmeric may be the reason that there no cases of Alzheimer’s in India. This is a list of other health benefits of Turmeric. I have seen the root sold at Whole Foods and was told that you just grate the turmeric over your food.
These are just a few of the benefits of Turmeric
1. It is a natural antiseptic and antibacterial agent, useful in disinfecting cuts and burns.
2. Is a natural liver detoxifier.
3. May prevent and slow the progression of Alzheimer’s disease by removing amyloyd plaque buildup in the brain.
4. Is a natural painkiller and cox-2 inhibitor.
5. Turmeric may help maintain remission in people with ulcerative colitis.
6. When researchers gave laboratory animals with diabetes turmeric, their blood sugar levels dropped, as did their blood cholesterol levels.
7. Reduces the risk of childhood leukemia.
Turmeric is available in the following forms:
as a spice in the spice department of your grocery store and the whole root that can be grated over your food
Capsules containing powder
Because bromelain increases the absorption and anti-inflammatory effects of curcumin, it is often combined with turmeric products.